Your Wood Box
Adirondack Chair Package
About this package: This Adirondack Chair wood package is inspired by The Wood Whisperer, Marc Spagnuolo. Build the Greene & Greene Style Adirondack Chair with Marc and the rest of The Wood Whisperer Guild as part of the "Summer 2011 Guild Build." Not a member? Join now using the link above. Guild members earn a 10% discount on all purchases from Bell Forest Products (plus discounts from other sponsors.)
FREE SHIPPING WITHIN CONTINENTAL USA!
"Greene & Greene" and GREEN: This kit contains Genuine Mahogany that is plantation grown in Fiji. It is the same species as the Genuine Honduras Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla) that grows in Central and South America. Therefore, it has the same great outdoor durability properties, but it isn’t endangered. Fiji Mahogany is harvested sustainably and isn’t protected under CITES like the Central/South American Genuine Mahogany.
Multiple Packages to Consider:
1. Adirondack Chair Kit: Enough kiln-dried Genuine Mahogany lumber to build one Adirondack Chair (approx: 25 board feet). The kit includes several boards, planed smooth on both faces with one straight edge. You will receive enough Mahogany to cut out all major components (legs, seat, back, and arms.) You will also receive a piece of Gaboon Ebony that is 3/8" x 2" x 8" to cut out the plugs.
- Lumber Thickness: 3/4" to 1-3/4"
- Lumber Widths: 3" and wider.
- Lumber Lengths: 24" to 36"
- The lumber for this package is custom milled to order and may take approximately 1 week to ship.
2. Rough Lumber Package: If you have the proper woodworking equipment, this package is for you. You will receive enough lumber to build the chair, plus a waste factor. It works out to approximately 20 board feet of 4/4 and 12 board feet of 8/4 Genuine Mahogany. A piece of Gaboon Ebony will also be included for the plugs. This material will be rough sawn at full thickness, so be prepared to make some sawdust!
Adirondack Chair Packages: